Location : Remote (Malaysia)
We are seeking a diligent, detail-oriented, analytical, and disciplined Tax Accountant to assist with our direct and indirect tax filings for Singapore, Thailand, and Malaysia. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing and filing VAT/GST, withholding tax (WHT), and corporate income tax (CIT) returns for the countries specified. Strong communication skills, the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and keen problem-solving abilities are fundamental for success in this role.
- Prepare the filing of GST, VAT, WHT, and CIT returns in accordance with statutory deadlines, ensure timely filing of all required deliverables;
- Prepare the filing of tax-related reports such as Country-by-Country (CbCr) notifications, and related party transaction forms.
- Respond to information requests for external and internal audits.
- Address and resolve any issues that arise during the tax preparation process.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders on tax-related queries.
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax provision.
- Provide support for special tax projects as assigned.
- Perform tax administrative tasks including initiating tax payments, preparing/ updating tax forecasts, preparing tax accounts reconciliations (ARMS), managing tax journals, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, tax or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience in a similar role handling direct and indirect taxes.
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) experience, ideally using Oracle
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Strong willingness and ability to learn.
- Good organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, managing tasks from initiation to completion.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with various stakeholders.
- Proven problem-solving skills with a track record of resolving tax-related issues.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written