Location; Petaling Jaya
The senior QAQC engineer’s role is to define, develop, test, and maintain new or old automated test scripts. QA/QC supports application testing of business requirements to guarantee the system quality to prepare for market readiness. This includes the use of automated testing framework and writing custom test scripts for various workflow scenarios. The senior test automation engineer will also research, design, document, and modify script specification throughout the production life cycle. You will mentor junior test engineers, assist with test execution roadmap planning, and support throughout the entire agile process to deliver quality software. Expect the work environment to be fast paced, rewarding and collaborative. You will enjoy high degrees of freedom and flexibility. Being self-motivated & pro-active are critical for you to succeed in this role.
- Review requirements, specifications, user documentation, and other project documentation to assure product quality and design test cases. This may include both manual and automated testing.
- Select and implement test cases on test automation tools, applying latest processes e.g., data-driven testing, katalon studio, selenium.
- Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain, and execute automated test suites for various enterprise-grade products; i.e., perform automated dynamic testing.
- Work with the development team to capture and reuse automated unit test cases, Test stubs and drivers, and other development test objects.
- Read technical implementation and evaluate requirements to design automated test scenarios and processes.
- Participate in the change control board or project management office to identify the quality implications of known bugs and the impact of proposed changes to product definition on the testing process.
- Work with the Release Engineering or DevOps team to create and maintain automated nightly build verification (“smoke”) test.
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used.
- Provide technical guidance to junior-level test engineers and/or test technicians
- Approve system integration and deployments through version control management services
B. Results Tracking and Reporting
- Research and document bug reports following established QA/QC processes/frameworks, and escalate issues upon discovery.
- Update test execution status following agreed-upon processes as part of regularly-scheduled test status updates.
- Trace test cases and results back to specific quality risks.
- Assist the Test Manager in the creation of test project status reports and metrics (e.g., Test Dashboard).
- Document all processes and tasks on JIRA or other project management tools
- Collaborate with QA Analysts and Software Developers to develop solutions.
- Self-starter and critical thinker, takes ownership of own projects and makes improvement suggestions for the entire infrastructure;
- Minimum 7+ years in software development
- Minimum 5+ years in automation testing
- Experience in designing Test Automation Framework that is scalable and reliable
- have hands-on experience with developing SQL scripts to test databases and data quality testing
- Hands on experience using licensed and open-source test automation tools e.g., Katalon Studio, Selenium, and Postman
- Coding experience using either Java, C#, or Python
- have load/performance testing for API, backend API and UI test automation experience.
- Understands agile software development and exhibit strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with working with CI tools (Jenkins/Bamboo) is a plus
You will need to be:
- Highly responsible, self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated
- Proficient problem solving, analytical with passion for accuracy & product quality.
- A great eye for design & intuitive understanding of what makes a great user experience
- You love to win and are willing to go the extra mile as needed
- You look forward to great prospects for professional development and career growth
- Bachelor degree in computer science or quantitative discipline.