Senior Engineer II - Digital Design & Implementation
The primary responsibilities include, but will not be limited to, architect, develop and implement digital solutions based on design objective specifications. The candidate must be self-motivated, high quality-minded, thorough technical expertise in ASIC design and have excellent communication skills to excel in a global team environment. This position will require driving the development process for the foundation of digital IPs and for digital system integration targeting Microchip’s broad product portfolio of complex Analog-Mixed-Signal embedded semiconductor solutions.
The Analog Power and Interface Division (APID) focuses on delivering a portfolio of solutions in the areas of Power Management, Automotive In-Vehicle Network CAN/LIN, Motor Drive, USB Port Power Switches, High Voltage Driver, Medical Ultrasound, and Power over Ethernet.
- Ownership of functional blocks and major sub-systems and contribute through various phases of the ASIC design process – Micro-architecture specification, RTL design, simulation and front-end implementation.
- Perform synthesis, implement Design-For-Test (DFT) and close timing on complex digital integrated circuits at the block, subsystem or device level.
- Writing block level Verilog/System-Verilog directed test-benches and overall verification enablement.
- Interface and work with local and remote teams to meet area, power, and performance requirements for macro under development.
- Present status on progress, risk and schedule to stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Train and mentor junior digital design engineers locally.
Experienced engineer with BSEE with at least 5+ years of ASIC development experience are preferable:
- BSc/MSc in EE or Computer Science
- Must be proficient in design flow such as micro-architecture, RTL coding, debugging, simulation, clocks and constraints for synthesis and static timing analysis (STA)
- Understand Design-For-Test concepts and methodologies (Scan chains, ATPG, BIST, Fault models, Fault Coverage and generation)
- Able to run formal verification/equivalence checking, Linting and CDC checking
- Scripting skills in any programming language (preferably Perl, TCL and Shell) is a plus
- Knowledge of UVM based verification and code coverage is a plus
- Able to work independently and provide local mentorship as a project lead / supervisor
- Ability in debugging, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Apply on website or send your resume to Joseph: [email protected]