Plant Buyer (PB) is responsible for the sourcing of products and local suppliers (CG0) for commodities that are not managed centrally (typically outsourced manufacturing/subcontracting) and require local knowledge and coordination with the plant manufacturing variable capacity and outsourcing strategy.
- Define and execute strategy for local suppliers within the sourcing process to create competitive advantage for the plant.
- Support local requirements for direct material not managed centrally (subcontracted operations, including local painting, heat treatment).
- In charge of costing and sourcing process (RFQ, negotiations, technical reviews, SSR/SNC) in coordination with Programme Procurement Leaders to ensure flawless launch and on-time performance.
- Lead negotiations and related formal contractual agreements (including annual productivity, business link, payment terms, logistics protocol, Terms & Conditions,…) in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Manage local suppliers relationships with excellence and enable plant success in achieving performance targets and continuous improvement.
- Handle change management for local suppliers (CMC) and act as change leader for local projects. Also in charge of driving VaVe performance for local suppliers. Global commodity -> PPM / PB /SPM ?
- Monitor suppliers financial performance, ensure material savings actuals and forecast are timely and accurately reflected within the Procurement systems (PAP update).
- Monitor supplier quality and delivery performance, support Quality and Supply Chain teams, support timely negotiation and closure of cost recoveries when needed.
- Provide support to the plant with regards to complex procurement queries, urgent resolution of significant supply and supplier performance issues.
- Act with integrity and full respect of business ethics.
- Comply with business unit and company policies, procedures and DOA requirements.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
Master/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a business or engineering discipline with specialization in international purchasing Fluent in English, with an international mind set.
3-5 years experience in Procurement, preferably in Direct Materials Manufacturing
- Communication and negotiation skills Relationship management - Ability to work across functions
- Results oriented with strong written and oral communications skills at all levels
- In-depth understanding of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Demonstrates initiative, analytical thinking, and appropriate decision making skills
- Practical problem solving
- Flexibility and ability to manage own time and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in the use of the tools available (costing, sourcing process, systems)