The Operations Specialist is responsible for knowing, managing and maintaining reference information for client's Project as a corporate asset for use by the company at either a local, regional or global level. The colleague is required to maintain accurate information ensuring that the basic functions within the work stream are delivered with high quality and on time. The individual must be flexible and be able to perform independently, with peer groups, business users and IT.
Job Scope & Responsibility:
Data Management and Maintenance
- Establish new prospect / client account policy records within system as requested by the business.
- Investigate and complete any changes as requested by the business / technical experts within agreed timescales.
- Resolve basic queries arising with general workload and escalate as necessary.
- Assist with data cleansing projects as instructed.
- Adhere to client's and departmental procedures.
- Manage, prioritise and ensure that workload within own portfolio meets deadlines and targets. Seeks guidance from senior colleagues, as required.
- Liaise and resolve simple data issues with the business users dependent.
- Participates in User Acceptance Testing for data repository’s fixes and updates prior to deployment.
- Recommend enhancements to the workflow processes and applications.
- Ad Hoc projects as required.
- Assure the highest quality and integrity of data to support accurate, consistent, well understood and timely information is available for use enterprise wide.
- Prepare data quality and control reports and refer queries for resolution.
- Issue control reports to user groups for action. Escalate if no response from user group within agreed timelines.
- Identify and raise data quality anomalies to direct manager for resolution.
Data Consultation and Training (Communication)
- Liaise with regional business users.
- Participate in internal and external meetings as required.
- Share ideas, best practices, knowledge and experience
- Diploma / College or university degree or
- At least 1 year previous work experience insurance related
Knowledge and skills:
- Technically proficient with IT equipment and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills