RESPONSIBILITIES inclusive but not limited to
- The Facilities technician oversees the buildings and grounds operation , electrical and mechanical functions, utility supply and all facilities related elements.
- Primarily to ensure all utilities, facilities building, including classroom, parking lots, event halls, canteen, eating areas, playground, fields, gym, lockers,rest rooms, and fixtures are in order to enforce school rules with regards to safety and health.
- Assist the Facilities engineer / Facilities Supervisor in the repair of school furniture and checking of electrical and mechanical fittings.
- Under the instruction of the facilities engineer, assist in moving school furniture and fittings, and attending to Gofmx requests.
- Carry out as directed, emergency carpentry,, plumbing, painting or joinery in and around the school.
- Perform preventive maintenance of facilities equipment / building according to the maintenance requirement and guidance.
- Perform all maintenance tasks in a timely manner and in line with maintenance protocols.
- Assist the Facilities Engineer/Facilities Supervisor in diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing of school facilities.
- To know the location of all electrical switches and ensure power is restored if there is any power outage and to seek further assistance from the Chargeman where needed.
- To ensure all tools have been returned and maintenance equipment is properly stored ready for next usage.
- To report any building defects observed to the Facilities Engineer
- Attend to Computerized Maintenance Management System (GoFMX) instructions and enter information to close task
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Maintenance Manager and Facilities engineer/ from time to time. Technical skills
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Posses physical strength and stamina
- Good organization skills
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision