Work Location: Petaling Jaya (First Avenue)
Get to know the Role:
- The position is responsible to manage receivable Collections activities under Order To Cash (OTC) team to maximise conversion of receivable to cash for the business.
- Key accountabilities include monitoring the timeliness of collection activities, coaching team members in developing client insight and relationship, managing disputes, and handling escalations.
- The individual joining the Order To Cash team will have the unique opportunity to rapidly grow professionally as the team embarks on this new journey across all aspects of the receivable collection framework, from systems, reporting and process across multiple ASEAN countries that client operates in.
The day-to-day activities:
- Achieve team monthly collection targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) by leading and motivating the team members to achieve their individual targets.
- Monitor the team’s collection efforts, ensuring processes and client’s policies are adhered to.
- Handle first level internal or external escalation and other ad hoc issues.
- Manage disputes identified by associates. Arrange discussion with the person-in-charge to resolve the dispute.
- Identify and analyse common billing issues and disputes. Work with respective teams to perform Root Cause Analysis and take actions to prevent the recurrence of these issues.
- Coach team members on building reliable, trusty, and long-term relations with assigned clients.
- Develop strong working relationship with Client Account Manager/Sales Executive, Finance personnel and other stakeholders.
- Integrate the team’s insights on clients’ Purchase Order requirement, payment cycle and invoice approval route into our billing process to reduce collection cycle time.
- Handle incoming client queries through hotline phone or email, routing to the correct person-in-charge such as the Sales Executive as appropriate.
- Provide collection status to support Finance’s review of provision of doubtful debts and bad debts.
- Provide collection forecast and report to Finance and business teams.
- Lead collection process documentation and improvement activities.
- Provide support for bad debt recovery actions.
- Ad hoc assignment.
- Business team, Regional and Local Finance, Clients
- Ensure accuracy of financial data entry and adherence to Finance policies
- Communicate with multiple internal and external stakeholders
The must haves:
- Tertiary qualification in Finance/Accounting is a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in performing Collections role
- Experience in a call centre is a plus (Collections or customer service)
- Experience using Oracle Financials Cloud system is a plus
- Highly knowledgeable in Collection and Accounts Receivable processes
- Proactive and result-focused
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Able to articulate clearly in both written and spoken English
- Team player
- Leadership skills
- Advanced Excel skills to analyse data and prepare reports