Senior Cost Accountant
Location: Pulau Pinang
The Senior Cost Accountant directs activities of product costing, manufacturing cost variance analysis, and inventory valuation. The position provides business partnering to the operations team in support of the achievement of Company goals.
• Perform month end/quarter close activities related to cost accounting. Manage and lead E&O, standard change process, cost & inventory accounting in Malaysia plant
• Ability to prepare various financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, managing standard cost, inventory for various internal customers as needed for plan/forecast/actual review process for decision making.
• Provide support and business partners, Supply Chain & Order Fulfillment Operations to
- Analyze and review BOM and ensure accuracy product costing
- Perform variance analysis such as production labor absorption/variances, PPV, POV and work order variance
- Support management in any cost related areas
• Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP through analysis, internal audit, and coordination with
inventory control, cycle count, production and work order processing.
• Participate in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements
and internal controls.
• Business partnering with operations to drive cost savings initiatives and process improvements
• Any other ad-hoc assignment
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related professional certification (i.e. CPA, CIMA, ACCA or MIA)
- Semiconductor manufacturing costing experience is required. Experience in shared service center is an advantage
- Systems proficiency: MS Excel, SAP, Business Objects, MS PowerPoint
- 5-8 years of inventory accounting/cost accounting experience
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
- Strong grasp of GAAP accounting and general accounting concepts
- Demonstrated ability to streamline and automate complex processes